A small shrine prepared for charging smartphone built by the skilled artisans in Santa Ana Zegache, Oaxaca, Mexico. It is a venerative piece that includes a physical object (the shrine) as well as the virtual animation that comes with it. It can also work as a "burial site" for old laid-off smartphones.
The Seven Nichos Animations are displayed on your smartphone as a web app. The following steps apply for installing the animations:
1. Go to www.brecevic.com/nichos/[your_code]
2. Click on the + button in the bottom toolbar
3. Select Add to Home Screen - you can change the name of the webb app
4. Now the web app is on the home screen of your phone
1. Use the default Android Browser, or Google Chrome if possible.
2. Go to www.brecevic.com/nichos/[your_code]
2. Hit the menu button, and add the page to your bookmarks. In Chrome, just tap on the star and follow the prompt.
3. Open you bookmarks using the menu button, and find the new bookmark you’ve just added. Press down and hold on the bookmark until you see an action menu. Select Add to homescreen.
4. The bookmark is pinned to the homescreen for quick access. Arrange it into the place of your liking.
Please observe that the animations need to be downloaded the first time you launch them as a webb app from your homescreen. This can take a while depending on the wifi (or 3G) connection you have. Once the animations are downloaded - the web app works in offline mode.
Whenever you want to display your art, open the app and put your phone in the charging shrine. You can move from one animation to the next by swiping the screen in any direction, and thus display your favorite animation. You can choose to play your animation with or without sound: simply double-tap the image to turn the sound off and on, or regulate the sound directly on your device.
N.B: To have an loop ongoing while charging your phone, turn off the autolock / auto screen lock feature on your phone.